9.29.2015

Welcome back!

Welcome back to me. It's been ages since I wrote anything on this blog. To be honest, I feel like my life is not that interesting to keep sharing. But what became apparent to me these last few days was my belief that everyone has a story to tell. I have a story to tell. It may not be as interesting or as adventure-packed as other stories, but it is unique in it's own way... because it's my own and no one else can tell it better but me.

So, I decided to write again. But this time I'll write because I want to share something that is/will be uniquely mine. :)

To begin, these past few days are a bit of an awakening to me. I have had so many "aha" moments that I both am fearful and happy to face. Specifically at work, I have had so many difficult yet clarifying conversations with people around me. What scares me about my "aha" moments is the truth-- the truth that I'm not sure I'm ready to face. 

I'm in a profession where I am constantly helping people. Honestly, I love it! I'm passionate about it! There is this deep sense of gratification when you're helping someone deconstruct daily challenges and come up with efficient solutions. The sad part about this job though is that, not all people will appreciate the help you can/will provide. Why? Because we have our own way to receive help, and really, if you think about it, even in this kind of a relationship, a good "fit" is always the key. How can you really know that someone has your back if you don't trust them... if you don't even feel like you can try? That's hard! It's not personal... just preference. 

But my take away lesson from this is that, in life, "It is what it is!" Things happen, people change, seasons come and go... but one thing that is constant... ME! I can only control me... my reactions, decisions, opinions, values, etc. I just have to be grateful that I have this freedom. 

As cheesy as it sounds, I love that a part of my story is that I'm free to choose who I can be!


No comments:

Post a Comment