11.08.2010

Legacy

I find that lately, I keep thinking about my life... how I've lived it so far, how I'm living it now and how that can impact the legacy I'll leave. Legacy... such a heavy word. It's like a summed-up-to-one-word way of one's life. What's my legacy? How will I be remembered?

Actually for me, it has varied in time. As a kid, I wanted to be the best missionary doctor I could be. I wanted to help the impaired who have no ability to help themselves. Growing-up in a third world country, I've seen a lot of people who do not have access to quality medical care and I wanted to be a part of a movement that can give that. It was a great dream... would've been a great legacy.

As a teen, I wanted to be a teacher or a pediatrician. I've had some experiences that encouraged me to help the little humans- to protect them and love them in ways that my teenage mind can think of. I wanted to change the world through the lives of children. Again, a great dream... could've been a great legacy.

As a young adult, I just wanted to be a pastor, either a children's ministry pastor or music ministry pastor. I wanted to be God's voice through music and/or to influence the little humans to pursue a life worthy of God's plan. Actually, I was on the path to be just that, when "life" happened. Changes needed to be made. But it was a great plan... it should've been a great legacy.

Now, this is my life, I'm a wife and a mother (mainly). I may have not been a doctor, a teacher nor a pastor but all of the dreams I have ever wished to be is now me! All the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" dreams I had ever since I was a kid was to help, love, protect and influence the helpless so they can see the value God has placed in their lives. Now I do that everyday in the life of my child. So, I may never be known as the great doctor who went around the world helping sick kids, or the teacher who shaped the lives of many, or the pastor who reaches millions of lives for God. But I am a mom who daily helps my kid, shapes my kid, loves my kid, protects my kid and influences my kid to be the person God intended her to be. This is a great legacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment