12.01.2011

First EVER Christmas Program

Tonight holds one of the best memories I will ever have in my life-- it's Mai's first ever school Christmas program. She got to sing a bunch of songs and recite their class verse in front of so many people! I was really surprised how poised and prepared she was in front of an audience! I thought she would be a little nervous, at least; but on the contrary, it is me who was nervous for her! Well, I think it stems from my being super excited to see my baby go through a milestone in her life.

It's funny though, I promised myself to never be quite like my parents, who are the no.1 stage mom and pop in the world as far as I'm concerned. Not that it's a bad thing of course, as their prodding for me to always aspire to be the star of everything truly comes from a place of absolute belief they have that I am the most talented kid in the world! However, it was a bit stressful for me to always aspire to be the best growing-up. So, when I had Micah, I promised myself to just settle for what her "best" is in any given situation. But earlier, I found myself settling in the ways of my mama and papa as I was the loudest cheerer in the audience (next to my husband, who was hootin' and howlin' for his daughter!). I guess it's hard not to be a stage mom/dad when you're just oozing with pride! Needless to say, I am a very proud mama! VERY, VERY PROUD!

Note to my daughter:

Mai, 

Oh my golly, love! Once again, you have proven to me how wonderfully blessed we are to have you as our child! I am literally oozing with pride as I watched you sing your heart out earlier! Thank you love, for doing your best tonight! I love you my dear one. 

Thank you Mai! Thank you for being you! And thank GOD for giving us you!

Love always,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment