1.04.2012

Belated Happy New Year!

I wish I could tell you that the reason a New Year's Day posting was MIA this year was because I was busy doing some serious celebrating... I wish. But I was pretty occupied SLEEPING the first day of the year away that I totally forgot to share my first-day-of-the-year musings. We did have a full New Year's Eve night-- we went to the last day of the "Christmas at the Park" in San Jose. We had a BLAST riding rides, some of which are from MJ's Neverland Ranch; and eating the usual fair delicacies like churros, cotton candy, etc. After we got home, we had a "Big Bang Theory" marathon until it was time to ring the new year. As always, we start the year with a prayer of thanks and family hugs. But after that, we just snoozed the day away until past noon.

And since it's better late than never, here's my list of what I was thankful for for 2011.

1. I'm very thankful for my marriage-- Malcolm and I celebrating our 8 years of being married and 9 years of being together wasn't an easy feat (just ask my husband). But I am glad that Jesus always gives us the strength as individuals and as a couple to weather anything that befalls on us.

2. I'm very thankful for my child-- As we all know by now, she's like the most wonderful child EVER! I am thankful that Jesus is so real to her even at a tender age of 4. I am also very grateful that I have the smartest, kindest, cutest little girl in the universe!

3. I'm very thankful for my life-- I thank Jesus everyday that I am me and for using me for His glory everyday of my life... even if I'm uncoordinated and a little crazy! (ok, a lot crazy! *wink*)

I know there's a lot more to be thankful for, but those 3 pretty much sums everything up.

Jesus, thank you for another year! You are simply the BEST! I can't wait to see what's in stored for us this coming year! I am VERY EXCITED!

(some pics from the "Christmas at the Park")













No comments:

Post a Comment