7.13.2009

Who am I?

In life, it's easy to get lost in all the roles I play - wife, mom, child, sister, cousin, aunt, friend, co-worker, etc. With each role come a set of expectations. At times, it's really hard to find my identity in all of it. But the Lord has His way of making me sure that I don't lose track, that I am His' alone, that I shouldn't confuse my roles with who I am.

Who I am is defined by Jesus when He died on the cross for my sins. Who I am is worthy enough for God to promise that He has a future for me (Jeremiah 29:11). Who I am is a precious child and friend of God who happens to be a wife, mom, child, sister, cousin, aunt, friend, co-worker, etc.

Life can get confusing, but if we just fix our eyes to the one who gave us His identity, then we should expect success in every role God entrusted us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment