10.22.2010

Gap Casting Call (random post)

I've been asked numerous time by different people, why won't I try Micah out for commercial modelling/advertising/print ads. I always am hesitant since I don't want to preempt my child to do something that she is not destined to do. Also, I have watched the TLC program "Toddlers and Tiaras" and I feel so negatively about those parents who would force their children to go through that entire, what I can only call ordeal, just to win those measly trophies and bragging rights. I didn't and still don't want that kind of life for my child. I mean, I know that my child can unquestionably carry out much exceeding cuteness, charm and wit, and I'd be dishonest to say I don't want the world to know it. I most certainly do! It's just that, I don't want to subject her to the necessary evil that "world" gives as well. However, after so many times of passing up the Gap casting call that Gap conducts yearly, I thought to enter her this year (6 days before the end date to register). I don't know why I took the chance this time nor entered her just 6 days before the cut of date. Could it be that I am just testing fate, if this is really what's meant for her of not so I can also silence the people and also myself by saying "I tried it, but it isn't just for her"? Or worse, does this mean I am being a hypocrite after all the negative things I feel towards parents who subject their children to this world? I don't know... All I know is I did it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment