11.12.2010

Yummy Freebie Friday y'all!


Since I wasn't able to post yesterday, here's the recipe I was supposed to share. In honor of one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving, I will share my recipe for my oh-so-yummo candied yams! Yams are the unsung vegetable because you can really do a lot with them. I usually just boil them for a tasty snack, or if I'm a little ambitious, I bake them stuffed with cinnamon sugar and butter. Then I'll slather s'more butter after baking! It's so ono! Anyways, the original recipe was from the internet. I've tweaked some ingredients around, and what I've come up is not bad at all! I hope you enjoy!

    CANDIED YAMS

Ingredients:
1 (29 oz.) can  of sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugae
1 (16 oz.) can of crushed pineapple (juice included)
1/4 cup OJ
1 stick of butter & another 1/2 stick to put on top
3/4 of chopped walnuts/pecans (which ever you prefer)
Marshmallows (enough to cover the top)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Drain yams and mash with butter and OJ
2. Mix sugar, crushed pineapple and nuts
3. Add the mixture to the mashed yams.
4. Bake for about 1/2 hour
5. Remove from oven and top with a few dabs of butter and liberally top with marshmallows.
6. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are toasted.

And since it's Friday, the freebie for today is, a free budget recipe book courtesy of California Ripe Olives

No comments:

Post a Comment