6.17.2011

Friday thoughts


So, it's the end of the week! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Although it's sad that Mai had to miss school today because she's having leg pains again. This is the second time that she's complained about this leg pain and I know it really hurts because she was screeching in pain. She's been having "growing pains" (as the doctor says) for a while now, usually at night. Oftentimes, she will just complain that it's "ouchie" and ask for me to massage it with vicks (oh, vicks! what will we do without you!). But these last two times are getting severe, I am really getting concerned! Anyways, I will be speaking to her PCP anytime now, so we'll see what could be causing it.

Okay, so back to Friday! YES! I have renewed strength today. Maybe because it's Friday! But most probably because of what happened last night. So, I was feeling blue again last night, thinking about how time flies. With me, of course, it doesn't end with just the wonderment about time fleeting, but it compounded to thinking about my grandparents, parents, etc. and our mortality. I was just pondering about how time goes by so fast, it almost steps on you, and how I am so far away from what I still consider home. I miss my family a lot. I grew up having to deal with so many changes that the only thing constant is my family. Now that I have to deal with so many changes again and without my mom/dad/sisters/brother close by, I feel so sad. Poor Malcolm! He has to absorb EVERYTHING! Thank God my husband is a super hero! :-)

Anyways, so, last night, I was talking to my dad on the phone and he made an interesting point. He said that if I feel so lost and so sad about the things that are out of my control, just run as fast I can could to Jesus. I mean, as soon as the feeling hovers over me, JUST RUN! Just like Mai runs to me when she's scared! She doesn't need to contemplate about it, she just runs to mama if she's feeling scared. And my dad said that's what I should do. Of course, my dad's right... I do think to a fault most of the times. I always think of how I can deal with it. If there's a problem, any problem for that matter, the first thought I have is "what am I supposed to do to solve it/ understand it?" I totally forgot that I could just run... to Jesus. So last night, that's what I did and He lead me to this verse: Philippians 4: 6-7

"Do not worry about anything. Instead pray about EVERYTHING! Tell God what you need and thank Him for what He has already done. Then you will find God's peace that exceeds anything you can imagine. Such peace will strengthen your heart and mind as you live in Christ Jesus" (Paraphrased by me)

So, God basically just reiterated what my dad, with his pastor's heart, told me. Ahhh... the joys of being a pastor's kid ;-) . So yeah, needless but most proud to say that after I've experience my first "running" to God event, I will probably be running a lot now. It does feel good to be like a kid - so sure that daddy is there to protect me when I'm afraid.

Love you Lord! Oh, and thank you Lord for my papa and mama, who are ALWAYS there when I need them regardless if we're 5K apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment