2.06.2012

John 16:33

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33NLT


Last week was what my hubby calls the "week of hell" (In reference to our my favorite ST:Voyager episode "Year of hell") and week of hell it was! I have never, ever in my life felt so helpless, vulnerable, embarrassed, and hurt like last week. And what pained me the most was seeing my husband and child affected by it. I mean, it's easier to take the blows of life when you only have yourself to fend for, but when loved ones are involved, the blows tend to be a bit more forceful... more painful. But regardless of hurtful the things that happened last week, God actually gave me a different perspective about it. Here are the following lessons I have re-learned:


1. Obedience - He wants me to obey. No if's, and's, & but's. Obedience is a do or do not kind of deal... there is no try.


2. Give my best - It's so true that God doesn't expect me to be the best, he only wants MY BEST!


3. He's  IN CONTROL! - This is really a no brainier... supposedly. But over time, I tend to forget that HE is really the One in control of everything and I just get into deep doo-doo the more I fight Him for it.


4. I am a RESPONSIBLE steward - EVERYTHING belongs to God. EVERYTHING! And I am just a steward of all the blessings and opportunities.


5. God is IN LOVE with me - Oh, among all the lessons, this one was the BEST lesson to re-learn. I mean, I know this! I know He loves me! But last week, God proved to me that He doesn't only love me... He's "IN LOVE" with me and that He will pursue me and protect me and do everything in His power so I am well taken care of. Oh my goodness! It's like God acted like a Knight and Shining armor, who just swooped in and saved me from everything that hurt and made everything better! All through out last week, it's like no one in the world existed for Him but me. Oh, to fall in love all over again... it's such a great thing!


So all in all, even if it was really a bad week, it was also a great week. Imagine, for many people, re-learning lessons usually take a long time. But for me, in just a week, God didn't only re-taught me lessons that are pertinent to what's eternal, but He also made me fall in love with Him all over again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment