9.15.2008

New Stroller

Malcolm and I have been planning to purchase a newer, more light weight stroller for Micah for months now. She used to have one but I had to leave it in Hawaii since, when we flew to SF, I had to use her travel carseat in the plane, so I opted to use the travel stroller that came along with it. However, it's so bulky and heavy (for me... Malcolm doesn't mind it, but I do!). So, after my lengthy research, we finally settled in purchasing the (drum roll please...) Baby Planet Solo Deluxe Stroller! (available in these colors)

I saw this stroller before and I liked it, but I was leaning to buy either the Maclaren Techno XLR or the Peg Perego Pliko 3. But, after comparing reviews for all 3 strollers, I found out that all of the features that both the Maclaren and the Peg Perego have are also found in the Baby Planet stroller for a cheaper price (it's on sale for $229.99 online and free S&H, as oppose to the Maclaren XLR and Peg Perego Pliko that both cost about $300+). It was a great deal! Plus, I love how the makers of these strollers are so concerned with the children using their products and their environment as well, as proven by their mission statement:

"Our mission is to help you in this journey by providing products that improve the quality time you spend with your child. In addition we are working hard to protect and restore our planet, so all our children have a fresh clean environment to flourish in" (baby-planet website).
They even have a recycling and donating program where they accept old strollers to be recycled or donated so they don't end up polluting our landfills. Also, baby planet strollers are JMPA certified (http://www.jmpa.org/). I mostly feel guilty about my purchases since I am an impulsive shopper (yes Malcolm, in case you're reading this, I'm in total agreement with you *LOL*), but I think this time, I bought something that actually has good value in it... not only for my daughter but for the environment she's living in.

Helpful links:

No comments:

Post a Comment