10.09.2009

BRAVERY

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone

I've never thought of myself as brave. Sure, I can defend myself and speak up for what is right... courageous, yes. Bravery, hardly. Well, until I had Micah...

Off bat, I know that having a child will breed constant worry especially me, the worrywart. I know that having a child will be financially challenging. I know that having a child will totally wreck my otherwise organized house. I know that having a child will mess up my schedule. I know that having a child creates a whole new meaning of what "responsibility" means. I know that having a child means my life will never be the same.

See, I knew all of these and I still wouldn't have it any other way. It took a child to make me understand what bravery really means. It's true, having a child just plainly means having your heart outside of your body. I think it's brave to choose to subject oneself to that! So yes, I am brave because of my child. Thank you Lord for Micah... the person who always makes me want to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment