7.01.2011

The start of a new era

This post brought to you by PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.

Today, as I dropped off Mai to school, I had an epiphany. Her years of education has started last month. From that moment on, she will go to school every year and with every year that passes, she'll climb up the hierarchy of different grade levels. Mai is in a private Christian school right now. Needless to say, her tuition fee every month is A LOT! But I have always believed that it is my duty to provide her with the best education she can possibly have so she can be fully informed about everything in life and her surroundings, so she can better make decisions for herself and how she can better her own legacy. I know that's a mouthful, but I truly believe that a school where she can learn and thrive is so worth all the money in the world. And that's what I'm trying to do... work my hardest, so she can have an education second to none.

However, it also made me think about the future, specifically, when she goes to college. I have heard the insanity of how much it costs to put a kid through college. This is actually one of the reasons why having only one child is so appealing to me right now (although the desire of having another one is constantly growing within me). I mean, what if she chooses to be a doctor or a lawyer, and chooses a school of such pedigree, which means a whole lot of tuition? What should I do then? 

I love my parents! They did everything, as in everything, for me! But I know that their biggest heartbreak is their inability to send me through college when we moved here in the US. I had a college scholarship back in the PI, but it served no use when we moved here to America. Therefore, I had to send myself to school. I was able to finish but I also garnerned with my degree a ton- load of loans. This is a situation I wouldn't want for my child. I want her to be able to reach for her dreams and I certainly don't want money to be a deterrent to that.

Thank God for companies like Walmart. They don't only provide alternative quality products to name brands, like their Parent’s Choice brand, they are also launching the Parent’s Choice Infant Formula Savings Sweepstakes. Basically, the sweepstakes will proved one favored winner with a $10,000 college scholarship in the form of a College Savings 529 Plan. Isn't that amazing? That is really a big help to parents like me, who might otherwise have difficulties starting a college bond for their kids. The sweepstakes was officially launched June 15, 2011 and will run through 11:59pm on August 1, 2011.

Entry form and rules about the sweepstakes can be found here: Parent’s Choice Infant Formula Savings Sweepstakes. JOIN NOW!

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment