8.03.2011

Bracing myself for the next few days

August officially started two days ago. It doesn't seem like it. Maybe I was still hoping that I have a few more days before August starts, as this month will start with a "BUSY" first few weeks...

For starters, August is my birth month. Meaning to say, it is supposed to be a celebration month for me, especially because this year's birthday is my 31st. I have this weird notion that if you're age is no longer reflected in the days on the calendar, then you're old. It's a rather crazy way to think aging over, but I guess that's my way of holding on to my youth. I was hoping to celebrate it in my "happy" place - Disneyland! But that didn't push through. Instead, I will have to celebrate this momentous "fleeting of my youth" occasion packing our things. 

Yes, our move out/in date is set to two weeks from now. Meaning to say, I wouldn't be doing anything else until then but pack. As packing is a chore I really, really, really don't like doing, I am assuming I need all this time to do it. I usually procrastinate on the things I don't have any motivation of doing. So, I started packing this past weekend and I am actually close to 45% done. That's progress in my standards ;-)

But I do have wonderful surprises for my birthday. My dad's in town for a conference (well, not "in town" - he's still in LA). But he is so nice to take sometime off and spend it with us. He's actually coming on my birthday, so that's a great present. Oh, and my aunt from the PI is also in town. She carved out a day to spend it with us, so that's another good treat. Lastly, my sis and BIL with my chubbaching-ching nephew, Caleb, are coming too! Needless to say, I have all the help I can get with the move! YAY! But I do appreciate them taking some time to visit us and help us with the move. No better present than that.

Okay, so back to being "31"... Thirty one! I remember my parents being 31. And I associated "having the hang of life" with aging. Geez! I SO don't feel like 31. I still feel like I'm 16 in this metabolically challenged, bones-hurting, muscles-aching body! Sigh... But like my husband said, better to be 31 than his age :-)

So, the next few days will be hectic. I still do hope to have breaks to vent out my thoughts in between... we'll see...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you. I've never thought of my age and referred it to th number of days in the month. I'm reallllllly old! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are but a child. I'll be 35 and a half in a few days. And loving it! OK, not really, I'm almost to 40!--bleh. Happy packing birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! It'll still be a "happy birthday" for sure! My family's in town and I have a great bunch of friends helping us out with the move. And greetings from my fellow mommy bloggers is my cherry on top! Thanks and God bless!

    ReplyDelete