10.23.2008

Find Her Wings

Everyday, my precious little girl just proves to me that she's no longer a baby! She a little kid with her own reason and her own disposition. It both makes me happy and sad... happy because she's so confident and strong and smart for her age, yet it makes me sad because I slowly feel that she's not as dependent on me anymore, at least not like she used to. I know it's a great thing and that I should silently applaud my efforts that obviously are bearing fruit in my child's life. But ask any mom and they'd sure agree that there is a certain sadness when the child that you so dearly treasured slowly lets go of your hand. Well, everybody needs to be needed, but the feeling of being needed by such a wonderful human being is a feeling that words fall short to define. I love it when my child calls for me... when she chooses to snuggle with me than her favorite stuffed Mickey Mouse... when she screams for me when she's in pain... when she knows that it is "mommy" to call for when she discovers something that's amazing her...

I know that I don't own my child, that I am only a trusted steward by God to rear her up so she can accomplish the purpose destined for her. But when you love someone this much, at times, it's a hard-habit to break not owning her... which is why I need to always remind myself that my child is destined for greatness and that I should be the encouragement for her to fly.

Okay, as I tear-up here and with all that in mind, I share to you the lyrics of the song that became so true for me the day Micah was born.

Find Your Wings
by Mark Harris

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth

And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

(Repeat Chorus)

It's not living
If you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly

(Repeat Chorus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knm492yxMfo

Yes, I will have buckets of tears as Micah takes off little by little everyday, but I am definitely her number one cheer leader as she flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment